Last Updated October 26, 2022
At Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Lake Tahoe (“we”, “us,” and “our”), we are committed to protecting your privacy. We firmly believe that electronic security and privacy are necessary for the continued success of the Internet, including our websites. In support of our commitment to provide excellent service to all of our customers and visitors to our websites, we only use the personally identifiable information (personal information or personal data) that you provide in accordance with the terms outlined below.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect or may have collected the following categories of information about you. In some cases, the information we collect may fall within more than one category:
- Contact information and personal identifiers, such as your name, address, email address, telephone number, and username or social media handle.
- Device identifiers, such as information about your device like your IP address, or other online identifiers.
- Demographic information, such as your age, sex, and gender (some of which may be protected by applicable law).
- Commercial information, such as the products or services you have purchased, returned, or considered.
- Payment information, such as your method of payment and payment card information (including payment card number, expiration date, delivery address and billing address).
- Biometric information, such as facial images.
- Identity verification information in order to verify you when you call customer support or make other requests.
- Online or network activity information, such as information regarding your interaction with our Sites, digital properties, and advertisements, information about your browsing and search history on our Sites, and log file information, which includes, but may not be limited to, your browser type, webpages you visit, and other electronic network activity.
- Audio information, such as recordings of your voice when you call our customer support.
- User Content, such as your communications with us and any other content you provide (including photographs, videos, reviews, articles, survey responses, and comments).
- Inferences drawn from or created based on any of the information identified above.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may collect or may have collected personal information about you from various sources. The categories of sources from which we may collect personal information are:
- Directly from you, such as when you make a reservation at our hotel, visit our casino, make a purchase on our Sites, contact us with a question or complaint, create an account on our Sites, register for the Backstage Pass Rewards Club, respond to a survey, participate in a contest or other promotion, or sign up to receive marketing communications.
- From your friends or family members, such as when your friend or family member sends you a gift or makes a referral.
- From cookies and automatic collection methods. When you visit our Sites or use one of our mobile applications, and when you open or click on emails we send you, we (and third parties we work with) may automatically collect information from your browser or device using technologies such as cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, and similar technologies. Cookies are small text files that websites send to your computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings in your browser. Web beacons or pixel tags are small images which are embedded into our Sites or emails that provide us with information about your browser or device, or whether you open or click on the emails we send you. These technologies enable us, or the third parties who place such technologies, to collect information such as device identifiers and online or other network activity information.
- Through other technologies, such as call recording technology when you speak to customer support.
- From our business partners and service providers, such as demographic companies, analytics providers, advertising companies and networks, third-party retailers, and other third parties that we choose to collaborate or work with.
- From social media platforms and networks, such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram. For example, we may obtain your information from a social media platform or network if you interact with us on social media or choose to log-in to our Sites using your social media credentials.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use or may have used the information we have about you:
- To provide products and services to you, such as making reservations and processing payments, creating, servicing and/or maintaining your account or any Backstage Pass Rewards Club membership you may have with us, and managing current or past purchases.
- To communicate with you, including to respond to your inquiries or complaints, and to help you make a reservation.
- To administer your participation in special events, contests, sweepstakes, surveys, promotions and the Backstage Pass Rewards Club.
- For marketing and advertising, such as to send you marketing and advertising materials via postal mail, text message or email, and to show you advertisements for products and/or services tailored to your interests on social media and other websites.
- For analytics purposes, such as to understand how you use our Sites; determine what browser and devices you use to visit our Sites; and to evaluate and improve our services, advertisements, and website and mobile applications.
- To operate and improve our business, including to provide quality assurance, conduct research and development to develop new products and services, and perform accounting, auditing and other internal business functions.
- For legal and security purposes, such as to detect, prevent, and prosecute harmful, fraudulent, or illegal activity, loss prevention, identify and repair bugs on our Sites or mobile applications, and to comply with applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies.
We also may use or may have used the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
In general, we do not share personal information about you with third parties for such third parties’ own marketing or advertising purposes. We do share personal information with third parties for other purposes. For example, we share personal information with:
- The Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Lake Tahoe family of brands and companies, such as our affiliates, parents and subsidiaries.
- Service providers that provide products or services to us, that help us market or advertise to you (including co-branded marketing and advertising), that provide products or services to you, or that manage the Backstage Pass Rewards Club (including sending you rewards). Even with this access to personal information necessary to perform these functions, those third parties are not authorized by Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Lake Tahoe to disclose your information for any other purposes.
- Parties to business transactions such as those we deal with in mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, sales of assets, reorganizations, divestitures, dissolutions, bankruptcies, liquidations, or other types of business transactions. In these types of transactions, personal information may be shared, sold, or transferred, and it may be used subsequently by a third party.
- Online third-party companies for advertising purposes, including to: serve advertisements across the Internet; track and categorize your activity and interests over time on our Sites and mobile application, and on third-party websites and mobile applications; and to identify the different device(s) you use to access websites and mobile applications. We share information with these companies, and these companies may collect information—including automatically collected information when you use our Sites or mobile application. These third-party companies also may possess or obtain information about you from your interactions: directly with the third-party companies; with other websites, mobile applications, or companies that the third-party companies work with; or from your interactions with advertisements the third-party companies help to display to you. The information that these companies collect or that we share may be used to customize or personalize the advertisements that are displayed to you. We may share personal information with the third-party companies we work with for our purposes, though in general we do not share personal information about you with third parties for third-party marketing or advertising purposes. We may also share other information at our discretion, including automatically collected information, which may be used by third parties for third-party marketing, advertising, and other purposes.
- Additional third parties such as law enforcement, government entities, courts, or other third parties as required or allowed by applicable law, or otherwise to help prevent harm or fraud to us, you, our customers, or other third parties.
We also may share personal information with third parties upon your request or with your approval, though we may not be able to accommodate all requests.
Backstage Pass Rewards CLUB
The Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Lake Tahoe Backstage Pass Rewards Club allows you to earn rewards for staying and playing at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Lake Tahoe. The Backstage Pass Rewards Club is not connected with any other Hard Rock loyalty program or any third-party loyalty, but we may expand the benefits and rewards opportunities available to you by combining with other loyalty programs in the future. In the event of such a combination, your information collected as part of the Backstage Pass Rewards Club will be part of the combined rewards program. We will give you advanced notice and you always have the opportunity to opt out (see below).
COOKIES, PIXEL TAGS AND TRACKING
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Lake Tahoe has a number of ways that it can offer better service and improve the shopping experience on our Sites:
- Cookies. We collect information about how you use our Sites by setting and accessing cookies on your computer. A cookie is a small piece of information sent by our Sites that is saved on your hard drive by your computer’s browser. The cookie holds information our Sites may need to personalize or enhance your experience and to gather statistical data, such as which pages are visited, the internet provider’s domain name and the addresses of the sites visited immediately before coming to and immediately after leaving the Sites. The information in the cookie allows us to trace “clickstream” activity (i.e., the paths taken by visitors to our Sites as they move from page to page) to enable us to better serve our customers by revealing which portions of our Sites are the most popular. Cookies also help us improve your shopping experience by, among other things, keeping track of your preferences, recognizing you if you have a shopping account, and tracking your shopping basket as you shop. We may link the anonymous visitor ID from your cookie to a user ID in our database to help us analyze web traffic and statistics. From time to time, other companies may help us with data research and analysis, but they will be prohibited from using that data for any other purpose. You may disable cookies on your browser. Please review your browser’s instructions for doing so. Note that certain features of the Sites may not be available if you delete or reject cookies.
- Pixel tags. We may use pixel tags (also called web beacons or clear gifs) on our Sites. They can help us analyze what our customers like to do on our Sites and the effectiveness of our features and advertising. They can also help us customize your browsing and shopping experience. We may use information collected through pixel tags or tracked links in combination with your personal information. We may also combine personal information you provide to Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Lake Tahoe with other personal information (such as purchase history and demographic information). If we work with other companies to help us track, collect and analyze this information, they will be prohibited from using this information for any other purpose.
- Opt out. You also have a right to opt-out of personalized targeted ads. Our advertising partners are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI), to opt out of targeted ads served by our advertising partners, or any or all Network Advertising Initiative members, visit Managing Your Privacy at the Network Advertising Initiative website.
- Do Not Track (DNT). Your browser and other mechanisms may permit you to send do-not-track signals or other similar signals to express your preferences regarding online tracking. To the extent you employ such browser do-not-track signals or other similar mechanisms, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor such requests received by us to the extent we have the capacity and resources to identify and process your request. Due to the potential for rapid and diverse developments of technology in this area, we cannot guarantee that we can process every type of request that exists or may be developed in the future.
SOCIAL COMMERCE AND THIRD-PARTY SITES
We work with third parties, including social network sites like Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram, and with application developers who specialize in social commerce so we can connect to your social networks. All of these companies operate Third-Party Sites. We provide access to our Sites by third parties and business partners so we can generate interest in our properties among members of your social networks and to allow you to share product interests with friends in your network.
- The use of any features made available to you on our Sites by a third party may result in information being collected or shared about you by us or by the third party. Information collected or shared through any such third-party features is considered public information by us because the Third-Party Sites made it publicly available. If you do not want us to be able to access information about you from Third-Party Sites, you must instruct the Third-Party Sites not to share the information. Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Lake Tahoe is not responsible for how these third parties may use information collected from or about you so be sure to review the privacy policies and privacy settings on your social networking sites to make sure you understand the information they are sharing. If you do not want a Third-Party Site to share information about you, you must contact that site and determine whether it gives you the opportunity to opt out of sharing such information. However, we do identify any areas on our Sites where third parties share information about you.
- We reserve the right to remove the information of any person for any reason. If you would like us to delete the data we have collected about you that we have received through any social media provider or Third-Party Site, please contact us. However, if your information is deleted you may not have access to certain promotions, product information or opportunities as a result. In addition, we may not delete your personal information if an exception under applicable data protection privacy laws and regulations applies.
Our Sites are not intended for or directed to children, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children on our Sites. If we become aware that a child under the age of thirteen has provided us with personal information, we will delete the information from our records. We may present information regarding Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Lake Tahoe programs that are for kids on this site for the reference of adults that are interested in activities at our locations for children.
USER’S RIGHTS WITH RESPECT TO LOCAL LAW
We collect and process personal information in the United States, regardless of where our visitors are located. Depending on your local law, you may have certain rights with respect to your personal information, including the right to object to, restrict and/or withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information, the right to access your personal information, and the ability to receive a machine-readable copy of your personal information. You may also have the right to ensure that we correct or delete any inaccurate or out of date personal information which we have about you.
Notice to Nevada Residents
We are providing you this notice pursuant to state law. You may be placed on our internal Do Not Call List by requesting that we cease calling you by contacting us directly and making such request in writing at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Lake Tahoe, Regulatory Compliance, 50 Hwy 50, PO Box 6426, Stateline, NV 89449. Nevada law requires that we also provide you with the following contact information: Bureau of Consumer Protection, Office of the Nevada Attorney General, 555 E. Washington St., Suite 3900, Las Vegas, NV 89101; Phone number: 702-486-3132; e-mail: BCPINFO@ag.state.nv.us.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), California residents have certain rights regarding the personal information that businesses have about them. This includes the rights to request access or deletion of your personal information, as well as the right to direct a business to stop selling your personal information.
- Right to Notice.You have the right to be properly notified of the following:
- Right to Access Your Information. You have the right to request the following covering the 12 months preceding your request:
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you
- The categories of personal information that we have collected about you
- The categories of sources from which we collected the personal information
- The purpose for collecting or selling the personal information
- The categories of personal information that we have disclosed about you, the purpose for disclosing such personal information and the categories of third parties with whom we disclosed such personal information
- The categories of personal information that we have sold about you, as well as the categories of third parties to whom we sold such personal information
- If you would like to exercise your right to request access, please submit your request by emailing us at email@example.com.
- Right to Opt-Out of Sale. While we do not sell personal information in exchange for any monetary consideration, we do share personal information for other benefits that could be deemed a “sale,” as defined by the CCPA (Cal. Civ. Code 1798.140(t)(1)). We support the CCPA and wish to provide you with control over how your personal information is collected and shared. You have the right to direct us to not sell your personal information. If you would like to exercise your right to request opt-out of sale, please submit an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or click on our Privacy Request Form.
- Please note that we may still use aggregated and de-identified personal information that does not identify you or any individual; we may also retain information as needed in order to comply with legal obligations, enforce agreements and resolve disputes.
- Right to Deletion. You have the right to request that we delete any personal information about you that we have collected from you. Please note that there are exceptions where we do not have to fulfill a request to delete information, such as when the deletion of information would create problems with the completion of a transaction or compliance with a legal obligation. If you would like to exercise your right to request deletion, please submit your request by emailing us at email@example.com.
- Right to Non-Discrimination. We will not discriminate against you (e.g., through denying goods or services, or providing a different level or quality of goods or services) for exercising any of the rights afforded to you.
- How to Exercise Your Rights. To exercise your rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Verifiable Consumer Requests. Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access to your personal information twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must: (1) provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative of that person; and (2) describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate and respond to it. We cannot respond to your request to exercise your access and/or deletion rights if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. However, we do consider requests made through your password-protected account sufficiently verified when the request relates to personal information associated with that specific account. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
- Response Timing and Format. We attempt to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days after we receive it. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing within 45 days after we receive your initial request. If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period prior to the date we receive the verifiable consumer request. The response we provide will also provide the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For access requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance. We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
- Financial Incentive. We may offer you various financial incentives such as discounts and special offers when you provide us with contact information and identifiers such as your name and email address. When you sign-up for the Backstage Pass Rewards Club, email lists or other discounts and special offers, you opt-in to a financial incentive. You may withdraw from a financial incentive at any time by opting out from our emails or closing your Backstage Pass Rewards Club member account. Generally, we do not assign monetary or other value to personal information, however, California law requires that we assign such value in the context of financial incentives. In such context, the value of the personal information is related to the estimated cost of providing the relevant financial incentive(s) for which the information was collected.
- California’s Shine the Light law. California residents with an established business relationship with us can request information once a year about sharing their personal information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to request more information under the California Shine the Light law, you can email us at email@example.com.
Notice to Vermont Residents
- In response to Vermont regulations, we automatically treat accounts with Vermont billing addresses as if you requested that we not share your information with nonaffiliated third parties, and that we limit the information we share with our affiliates. If we disclose information about you to nonaffiliated third parties with whom we have joint marketing agreements, we will only disclose your name, address, other contact information, and information about our transaction and experiences with you.
EU USER’S RIGHTS WITH RESPECT TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Depending on your local law, you may have certain rights with respect to your personal information, including the right to object to, restrict and/or withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information, the right to access your personal information, and the ability to receive a machine-readable copy of your personal information. You may also have the right to ensure that we correct or delete any inaccurate or out of date personal information which we have about you.
- We may use profiling, which is a type of automated decision-making, to analyze our customers’ purchase history. This may be, for example, to create a list of customers that are eligible for a loyalty program tier, based on their purchases and amounts they have spent. You have the right to request that we do not use your personal information in this way.
- If you believe that any personal information which we have about you is inaccurate or out of date and you would like us to correct or delete it, or you wish to exercise any other of your rights or have any questions or concerns about your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a complaint about how we handle your personal information or respond to your request, you may be able to complain to your data protection authority. We ask that you kindly contact us first so that we have an opportunity to resolve your complaint.
OPT-OUT FROM MAILINGS
From time to time, you may receive periodic mailings, telephone calls, e-mails or other communications from us with news or other information on events, products, discounts, special promotions, or other offers from or on behalf of Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Lake Tahoe. If at any time you wish to stop receiving communications from us please send us an email to email@example.com with the phrase “Privacy Opt-out: Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Lake Tahoe Mailings” in the subject line, or write to us at the address provided below, and we will remove you from our mailing list. Alternatively, for e-mail communications, you may opt out of receiving such communications by following the unsubscribe instructions set forth at the bottom of most promotional e-mail messages from Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Lake Tahoe.
TEXT, SMS, AND CALLS.
If you have provided us with your prior express consent to receive communications via an automatic telephone dialing system (auto-dialer), artificial or prerecorded voice messages, or text messages, Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Lake Tahoe may use your information to send text messages to any mobile device connected to your cell phone number, until you opt out from future text messages by texting STOP. Once you cancel, we will send one additional confirmation message stating that you’ve opted out.
CORRECTION OF DATA
It is your responsibility to provide us with accurate personal information about yourself and to inform us of any changes. (e.g., new home address or change of name). If, however, you discover any information previously provided to us is inaccurate or incomplete, you may request that the data be corrected or amended by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
While no service is completely secure, we have a security team dedicated to keeping personal information safe. We maintain administrative, technical, and physical safeguards that are intended to appropriately protect against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, unauthorized alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, misuse and any other unlawful form of processing, of the personal information in our possession. We employ security measures such as using firewalls to protect against intruders, building redundancies throughout our network (so that if one server goes down, another can cover for it) and testing for and protecting against network vulnerabilities.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected it, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions about your privacy or security on our Sites, please email us at email@example.com and include your name and address in the message or write to us at: Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Lake Tahoe, Regulatory Compliance, 50 Hwy 50, PO Box 6426, Stateline, NV 89449.
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Lake Tahoe
Do Not Sell My Information and Privacy Request Form
"*" indicates required fields